Janice V. Coulter is passionate about helping her clients and community.
At the Law Office of Janice V. Coulter, our firm is headed and run by Janice V. Coulter. Janice has lived in Charlotte, North Carolina since she was 10, and she graduated from Olympic High School. In 1980, she graduated from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, double majoring in sociology and political science. She entered law school at the same university directly after her undergrad, completing her studies in 1983.
In 1985, Janice opened her own family law practice and has represented clients from diverse backgrounds from the beginning, which is something she loves about practicing law since it gives her the opportunity to learn about other cultures. Currently, Janice is a member of the United States District Court – Western District of North Carolina, the North Carolina State Bar, and the Mecklenburg County Bar.
Janice is heavily involved in her local community and has served on numerous boards and council in the Charlotte area, including:
- The Hornet’s Nest Girl Scouts’ Council
- The United Way Women Reach (Board of Directors)
- Heading the Free Legal Clinic for the past 30 years (an organization sponsored by Mecklenburg County Community Support Services)
- Serving on the Mecklenburg County Domestic Advocacy Board
- Serving as a writer for the civil and criminal sections of the Mecklenburg County City of Charlotte Domestic Task Force
Janice’s life partner is Tonda Taylor, who is the founder of Time Out Youth. Janice is incredibly proud of Tonda and all the work she has done for this organization.