Contempt, Matthews, NC

HomePractice Areas, Matthews, NCContempt, Matthews, NC

If your former spouse has violated the terms of your divorce, our team can help you file a motion for contempt of court to hold them accountable.

The phrase “contempt of court” is one that many people have heard in legal dramas, but not everyone is clear on its exact meaning. To put it simple, contempt is a charge that can apply to anyone who engages in acts that violate the terms of a court order. When it comes to family law, contempt can be used as an effective tool to hold your former spouse accountable for failing to comply with the terms or your divorce. If your spouse has ignored the terms of your divorce agreement, our team at the Law Office of Janice V. Coulter can help you file a motion for contempt of court. Janice has over 35 years of experience working in family law, and you can count on her and the rest of her team to provide the top-notch representation you deserve.

Contempt in Matthews, North Carolina

There are a number of reasons why you might file for contempt of court. Some of these reasons include your ex failing to pay child support on time, refusing to pay spousal support, not complying with property division rulings, or violating custody agreements. If your former spouse has done one or more of these things, you have grounds for a contempt of court motion. In these matters, the burden of proof is on you as the accuser, so it’s important to have an experienced attorney to help you make your case and get you the results you are looking for.

Our team is proud to serve the Matthews, North Carolina community, and we want to help you hold your former spouse accountable. If they have not complied with the terms of your divorce, give us a call to learn more about how a contempt of court motion may be able to help you.

Contempt in Charlotte, NC
Contempt in Pineville, NC